Saturday, May 10, 2014

Review: Horde (Razorland #3)

Horde
Razorland #3
Ann Agurrie

The horde is coming.

Salvation is surrounded, monsters at the gates, and this time, they're not going away. When Deuce, Fade, Stalker and Tegan set out, the odds are against them. But the odds have been stacked against Deuce from the moment she was born. She might not be a Huntress anymore, but she doesn't run. With her knives in hand and her companions at her side, she will not falter, whether fighting for her life or Fade's love.

Ahead, the battle of a lifetime awaits. Freaks are everywhere, attacking settlements, setting up scouts, perimeters, and patrols. There hasn't been a war like this in centuries, and humans have forgotten how to stand and fight. Unless Deuce can lead them.

This time, however, more than the fate of a single enclave or outpost hangs in the balance. This time, Deuce carries the banner for the survival of all humanity

My Rating: 5/5

Quotes:
“Beautiful. And ugly. The world is always both.”

“I knew exactly how he felt because I had walked in his shoes, wary and distrustful, unable to believe anybody could care about me without asking for something in return.”

“Because I love you.' It was easy to say it this time now that I understood what it meant. Then I quoted his own words back to him. 'Not just when it's easy. All the time.” 


My Thoughts:

Horde was an absolutely amazing end to the Razorland series. I can’t say too much about what specifically happened, because I don’t want to ruin the first two books for those who haven’t read them yet. Basically everything in the first two books has been leading up to this war and Deuce has to lead everyone or else they will all eventually be over-run.

I loved Fade in this book and especially love his relationship with Deuce. They are both just so protective of each other and they always have each others backs. Fade is having a bit of trouble dealing with some things that happened in the second book so whenever he and Deuce got a moment together it just made your heart swell.

As expected with a series of this nature there were many losses as well. I think the author dealt with those losses perfectly. Obviously it is sad to see any character die, but I think her choice of characters was perfect. They all died in a meaningful way. It didn't seem like anyone was killed just for the heck of it. One of the deaths really hit me hard though. I mean, as I said, its sad to see any of the characters that we have gotten to know die, but one death in particular actually had me tearing up. (Which is a bit embarrassing when reading in a public place).

I thought the way she choose to end the conflict was amazing too. Obviously I am not going to tell you how it ended, or there would be no point of you reading the book yourself, but I will say that is was very well thought out. And I also loved the way she took special care to make sure everyone’s story was wrapped up to some extent.

In all, I thought this was an amazing ending to a series that has earned its place on my shelf of favorites. I would recommend this series to anyone who enjoys post-apocalyptic, dystopian, or even zombie books. 

*Thank you so much to the author for sending me this book to review. My opinion was not at all swayed by that, as I do truly love this series*

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen your posts in a while :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! I haven't heard of this book but I will check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.