Sunday, February 17, 2013

Quote Unquote: The Fault in Our Stars

Quote Unquote is a series of posts of my favorite quotes from certain books. This time I am doing The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. This book was amazing!!!! I smiled, laughed, and definitely cried.... more like bawled. I even teared up a bit retyping these. And it was infinitely hard to narrow these down but I manged to get it down to ten. This book was an emotional roller coaster but I loved it. There were many inspirational and touching quotes and these are some of my favorites:

~“I'm in love with you," he said quietly.
"Augustus," I said.
"I am," he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we're all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you.”

~“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”

~“The marks humans leave are too often scars.”

~“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”

~“What a slut time is. She screws everybody.”

~“Headline?" he asked.
"'Swing Set Needs Home,'" I said.
"'Desperately Lonely Swing Set Needs Loving Home,'" he said.
"'Lonely, Vaguely Pedophilic Swing Set Seeks the Butts of Children,'" I said.”

~“That's the thing about pain...it demands to be felt.”

~“Oh, I wouldn't mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”

~“There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1. There's .1 and .12 and .112 and an infinite collection of others. Of course, there is a bigger infinite set of numbers between 0 and 2, or between 0 and a million. Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. A writer we used to like taught us that. There are days, many of them, when I resent the size of my unbounded set. I want more numbers than I'm likely to get, and God, I want more numbers for Augustus Waters than he got. But, Gus, my love, I cannot tell you how thankful I am for our little infinity. I wouldn't trade it for the world. You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I'm grateful.”

~“You are so busy being you that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.”


What quote from this book is your favorite?

2 comments:

  1. So many great quotes and moments in this book. I love them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I could have just quoted the whole book. :)

      Delete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.