Thursday, June 6, 2013

Review: Ten

Ten
Gretchen McNeil

SHHHH!
Don't spread the word!
Three-day weekend. Party at White Rock House on Henry Island.
You do NOT want to miss it.

It was supposed to be the weekend of their lives—an exclusive house party on Henry Island. Best friends Meg and Minnie each have their reasons for being there (which involve T.J., the school’s most eligible bachelor) and look forward to three glorious days of boys, booze and fun-filled luxury.

But what they expect is definitely not what they get, and what starts out as fun turns dark and twisted after the discovery of a DVD with a sinister message: Vengeance is mine.

Suddenly people are dying, and with a storm raging, the teens are cut off from the outside world. No electricity, no phones, no internet, and a ferry that isn't scheduled to return for two days. As the deaths become more violent and the teens turn on each other, can Meg find the killer before more people die? Or is the killer closer to her than she could ever imagine?

Rating: 4.5/5

My Thoughts:
This book. So I was at the library and picked this book up off the new book shelf on a whim, and I am so glad I did! First off I don't like scary things. I don't like scary stories, scary movies, etc. And I didn't realize how creepy this book would be until I was too far in to stop. I am very very glad I didn't stop. This book is basically a murder mystery and I thought it was one person for about the whole book. I mean of course there were hints to how it could be like five different people, but I was so sure who the killer was. But of course at the very end the killer is revealed and it totally caught me off guard. I mean wow! This story was thrilling and beautifully weaved!

Have you read this book? What did you think?

7 comments:

  1. I loved this book! I'm so glad you decided to continue with this one even though it was a bit scary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when you featured the first lines for this book and I want to read it. I was totally sold with the first lines. You should have added it in this review, but then readers will figure out themselves. You, my friend, are a genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sydney, I just noticed this review and wondered if you would like to link it in to the current monthly collection of books that people loved on Carole's Chatter. This is the link There are already over 25 great books linked in that you might be interested in. It would be super if you came on over. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Sydney. I have signed up to follow you now. Hope to see you again soon. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like murder mysteries, but like you not scary.

    THANKS for sharing...nice review.


    Stopping by from Carole's Books You Loved July Edition. I am in the list as #75.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Book Entry

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.