Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #15: Oh. My. Gods.

Oh. My. Gods.
Tera Lynn Childs

A modern girl's comedic odyssey in a school filled with the descendants of Greek gods.
When Phoebe's mom returns from Greece with a new husband and moves them to an island in the Aegean, Phoebe's plans for her senior year and track season are ancient history. Now she must attend the uber exclusive academy, where admission depends on pedigree, namely, ancestry from Zeus, Hera, and other Greek gods. That's right, they're real, not myth, and their teen descendants are like the classical heroes: supersmart and super beautiful with a few superpowers. And now they're on her track team! Armed only with her Nikes and the will to win, Phoebe races to find her place among the gods.
1.“To: lostphoebe@theacademy.gr
From: gblake@theacademy.gr
Subject: If I could do it over...
...I wouldn't treat you so badly.
I'm sorry.
Today wasn't about the bet.
Give me another chance.
G

Just like him: brief, cryptic, and full of crap.” 
2. “Pain is weakness leaving the body” 
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.
Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• Be careful not to include spoilers! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments:

  1. Good teaser! I read this one a long time ago and I really liked it :)

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like it will be so much fun to read! I will have to pick up a copy.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.