Sunday, August 11, 2013

Quote Unquote: Thirteen Reasons Why

Quote Unquote is a series of posts of my favorite quotes from certain books. Today I am doing Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. This is book is full of emotional quotes and moments. I had to try not to cry while reading it.

~“ If you hear a song that makes you cry and you don't want to cry anymore, you don't listen to that song anymore.But you can't get away from yourself. You can't decide not to see yourself anymore. You can't decide to turn off the noise in your head.” 

~“I hope you're ready, because I'm about to tell you the story of my life. More specifically, why my life ended. And if you're listening to these tapes, you're one of the reasons why.” 

~“You don’t know what goes on in anyone’s life but your own. And when you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re not messing with just that part. Unfortunately, you can’t be that precise and selective. When you mess with one part of a person’s life, you’re messing with their entire life. Everything. . . affects everything.” 

~“No one knows for certain how much impact they have on the lives of other people. Oftentimes, we have no clue. Yet we push it just the same.” 

~“A lot of you cared, just not enough.” 

~“Maybe it didn’t seem like a big deal to you Zach. But now, I hope you understand. My world was collapsing. I needed those notes. I needed any hope those notes might have offered. And you? You took that hope away. You decided I didn’t deserve to have it. ”


What is your favorite quote from this book? They're just all so sad T.T

2 comments:

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.