Monday, July 29, 2013

DNF Books

I hate not finishing books. Even if a book is really bad, I will try to just skim to get through the rest. Because of this, it is very rare for me to start a book and not finish it, but there are still a few. Right now there are only five and I hope that number doesn't go up very far. Some day I want to try again with these books.

13 Little Blue Envelopes
Maureen Johnson
This one was interesting, but when I was about half way through I lost interest. 

Behemoth
Scott Westerfeld
This is the second book in the Leviathan series. I really did not like the first book so I don't know why I even picked this one up.

Bumped
Megan McCafferty
The topic of this book bothered me.

Falling Kingdoms
Morgan Rhodes
I honestly don't know why I put this one down. I think I was just really busy and I never got back to it.

Partials
Dan Wells
This one just bored me from the start.

Did you like any of these?

15 comments:

  1. I've heard of the first three but never tried them. I finished Falling Kingdoms (just barely). And yeah, Partials was boring from the beginning. Everyone loves Partials so I'm glad I'm not the only one who has DNFed it..

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Partials just had a lot of medical stuff and I am not really into medical drama.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! I've bee wanting to chek out Partials for the longest. And I decided a while ago that I wouldn't continue to force myself to read books if I'm not liking them. Great post!

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I shouldn't force myself to finish books, but it just bothers me so much to not finish.

      Delete
  3. I'm not drawn to any of these except for 13 Little Blue Envelopes- I really like Maureen Johnson's writing, so it's a book I really want to read.

    If I'm having big problems with a book, I will cast it aside (dramatic, right?) because I just don't think it's worth the time in which I could be doing something I love! I feel guilty, especially if it's a review copy, but I think it's for the best in my case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I try to tell myself that if I put these books down, I can focus on a new book that I will love.

      Delete
  4. I quite liked 'Falling Kingdoms' but it seems like one of those books you have to be in the right mood to read it. I hate DNF books too. It makes for hard reading sometimes though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Falling Kingdoms and I agree with Patty. I think you have to be in a certain mood to read it too. I rarely DNF books. One time it was because I had to give it back to the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that is what happened with Falling Kingdoms and I wasn't really motivated to pick it up again.

      Delete
  6. I've not read any of these. But a few are on my TBR list.

    I wasn't crazy about the Mortal Instrustment series. I've only read the firsst one. But thinking about picking up the 2nd -- just to see if I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Mortal Instruments Series, but I think the Infernal Devices Series is better. :D

      Delete
  7. I just bought 13 Little Blue Envelopes today, I can't wait to read it. I REALLY want to like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually loved 13 Little Blue Envelopes, Falling Kingdoms, and Partials. LOL But I DNF Beautiful Creatures, Gone, Throne of Glass, Grave Mercy, The Vincent Brothers, and a bunch of other popular books so it is just to each their own tastes.

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.