Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Teaser Tuesday #16: Wake

Wake 
Dream Catchers #1
Lisa McMann

For seventeen-year-old Janie, getting sucked into other people's dreams is getting old. Especially the falling dreams, the naked-but-nobody-notices dreams, and the sex-crazed dreams. Janie's seen enough fantasy booty to last her a lifetime.
She can't tell anybody about what she does they'd never believe her, or worse, they'd think she's a freak. So Janie lives on the fringe, cursed with an ability she doesn't want and can’t control.
Then she falls into a gruesome nightmare, one that chills her to the bone. For the first time, Janie is more than a witness to someone else's twisted psyche. She is a participant.

1.“Captain looks at Janie closely. "Jesus, Mary, and Joseph," she says. "You're gonna have a heck of a shiner by the time the day's over. Did you black our?"
"I...uh..." Janie shrugs. "I really have no idea."
"Yes, I think she did." Cabel cuts in. "I'm going to need to watch her all day. And probably all night, too," he adds. Very, very seriously.
Captain throws a rubber eraser at him and sends him out for coffee.” 

2.“ Did you ever sell drugs?"
"Yes. Pot. Ninth and tenth grade. I was, uh...rather troubled back then."
"Why did you stop?:
"Got busted, and Captain made me a better deal."
"So you've been a narc since then? "
" I cringe at your terminology.”

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading this series and enjoying the first and second book, but ended up not finishing the last book, which sucks because I think I just wasn't in the mood for it.

    But great post lol! Loving the quotes :)

    Janina @ Synchronized Reading

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also remember reading them awhile ago. I think the third book was my favorite. You chose a great excerpt, so funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this was a really interesting series. Enjoy! Thanks for checking out Reading Lark's teasers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.