Sunday, July 7, 2013

Review: Wicked Lovely

Wicked Lovely
Wicked Lovely #1
Melissa Marr

Rule #3: Don't stare at invisible faeries.
Aislinn has always seen faeries. Powerful and dangerous, they walk hidden in the mortal world. Aislinn fears their cruelty - especially if they learn of her Sight - and wishes she were as blind to their presence as other teens.

Rule #2: Don't speak to invisible faeries.
Now faeries are stalking her. One of them, Keenan, who is equal parts terrifying and alluring, is trying to talk to her, asking questions Aislinn is afraid to answer.

Rule #1: Don't ever attract their attention.
But it's too late. Keenan is the Summer King, who has sought his queen for nine centuries. Without her, summer itself will perish. He is determined that Aislinn will become the Summer Queen at any cost — regardless of her plans or desires.

Suddenly none of the rules that have kept Aislinn safe are working anymore, and everything is on the line: her freedom; her best friend, Seth; her life; everything.

Rating: 4/5

Quotes:
“And he smiled at her, truely smiled- wicked and lovely...”

“The girl's kind, good. . . . Totally too good for you."
"So were you." He kissed her cheek, singed it with his lips. "You still are."
"Bastard." She shoved him, ignoring the burning in her palm from touching him.
He put a hand on his shoulder, metling the ice that formed where she'd pushed too hard. It crackled under his touch. "Only because Beira murdered my father.”

“Mortals are such fragile things. Just tender feelings walking around exposed in their delicate shells...Easy to crush.”

My Thoughts:
I love this world that Marr created. It is dark and twisted, while staying modern. I also loved the relationship between Aislinn and Seth. It wasn't forced or insta-love or any of that, it was just right. Aislinn had to make some tough choices in this book and I really felt for her. In the end though, I think she handled everything as best she could and it made for an interesting and entertaining story.

2 comments:

  1. I also like Aislinn and Seth, Kieran was always kind of weird. I hope you continue this series!

    Alise @ Readers In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book so much. I haven't read the second one, but it has been on my mind more and more lately!

    Would you check out my blog?
    http://reviewsofyabooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.