Sunday, July 28, 2013

Review: Rebel Heart

Rebel Heart
Dust Lands #2
Moira Young

Saba thought her world would return to normal after they defeated the Tonton and rescued her kidnapped brother Lugh. The family head west for a better life and a longed-for reunion with Jack. But a formidable enemy is on the rise. What is the truth about Jack? And how far will Saba go to get what she wants?


Rating: 3/5

Quotes:

“All the time I’ve knowed you, Jack, you kept the door to that heart of yers locked up tight an the key hid away. Looks like she found it.
He says nothing. Molly waits. Then:
Keys ain’t her style, he says. She kicked the door down.”

“Whatever it is, I sure didn’t go lookin fer it.
You don’t hafta, she says. If it’s meant to be, it’ll find you. We like to think we’re in charge of our own lives, but we ain’t. Not really.”

“Saba! I'm afeared! cries Emmi.
If you are, you ain't no sister of mine! I shout. Come at me agin!
I ain't afeared of nuthin! She yells.
That's more like it.”


My Thoughts:
I found myself very confused by this book. The characters made odd decisions, even considering their situations. Saba kind of reminded me of Tris in Insurgent. Just making stupid decisions with almost no rationale. I enjoyed the first book much more and I hope the third is better.

That isn't really a full review, but I didn't really have much to say about the book. It was just meh. 

See my review of the first book, Blood Red Road, here.

2 comments:

  1. Haha that first quote. X3

    I just read your review for the first book (after reading this one) and I actually haven't heard of this book before! So i thank you for awesomely introducing me to this series!

    Usually if I read a series, I tend to enjoy the first book more...maybe it's just me. Hopefully you like the next book better. ^-^'

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Saba was WAY out of character in this book. Why the heck did the author decide to make Saba sleep with the enemy right after her sister got kidnapped?? Not to mention how she played with poor Tommo's feelings. I loved the first book, but this one was all over the place. My review for Blood Red Road will be up tomorrow if you want to check it out :)

    Alise @ Readers in Wonderland

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.