Friday, July 5, 2013

Review: Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy
Paranormalcy #1
Keirsten White

Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.



Rating:4/5


Quotes:
“Yes, I have a driver's license."
I leaned back against the wall, sighing. "Man, that must be so cool."
"It ranks right up there with lockers. In fact, sometimes I put my license inside my locker, and it's so cool I worry that the whole thing might explode with the sheer coolness of it all.” 

“Tasers are a one-size-fits-all paranormal butt-kicking option. Mine’s pink with
rhinestones.” 

“Oh relax." I waved my hand dismissively. "If he wanted to kill me, he already would have. I brought him all these sharp pencils, ideal for stabbing, and he's been a perfect gentleman.” 

My Thoughts:
So this one wasn't that bad. For some reason I was expecting not to like it. I think I just saw a lot of negative reviews from my Goodreads friends. But I didn't hate it, I actually liked it. This story is basically about a girl named Evie, who is one of the only humans that can see past the glamours of paranormal creatures. She hunts them down and then "bag and tags" them. But one day someone breaks into the facility she lives in and he just so happens to be an unknown paranormal. And did I mention he was cute? Well most of the time. This book was a bit cliché at times, but it made for a light cute read. I didn't really see the “love triangle” though, which I’m not complaining about, but considering Evie was really scared of one of the guys I don’t see the competition.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I hated this lol. I don't think I actually finished it but I'm not sure. But I'm happy that at least you liked it, I've actually heard more praise than hate for this book though.. Great review, Sydney!

    -Ariella @ Secrets of Lost Words

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I didn't love it, I liked it because it was a cute, fun read. The ending though might have lowered my opinion. Lovin' the quotes you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I must have been one of those GR friends that didn't like it so much. XD But I think it's wonderful that you enjoyed it much much much more than I did. Guess it was probably because of Evie ticked me off. O______O

    Have a lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.