Friday, July 19, 2013

Review: Monsters of Men

Monsters of Men
Chaos Walking #3
Patrick Ness

War," says the Mayor. "At last." Three armies march on New Prentisstown, each one intent on destroying the others. Todd and Viola are caught in the middle, with no chance of escape. As the battles commence, how can they hope to stop the fighting? How can there ever be peace when they're so hopelessly outnumbered? And if war makes monsters of men, what terrible choices await? But then a third voice breaks into the battle, one bent on revenge - the electrifying finale to the award-winning "Chaos Walking" trilogy, Monsters of Men is a heart-stopping novel about power, survival, and the devastating realities of war.

Rating: 4/5

Quotes: 
“Choices may be unbelievably hard but they're never impossible. To say you have no choice is to release yourself from responsibility and that's not how a person with integrity acts.” 

“His noise is getting quieter, but I can still see it there still-
See how he feels the skin of my hand against his, see how he wants to take it and press it against his mouth, how he wants to breathe in the smell of me and how beautiful I look to him, how strong after all that illness, and how he wants to just lightly touch my neck, just there, and how he wants to take me in his arms and-
"Oh, God," he says, looking away suddenly. "Viola, I'm sorry, I didn't mean-"
But I just put my hand to the back of his neck-
And he says, "Viola-?"
And I pull myself towards him-
And I kiss him.
And it feels like, finally.”

“A monster, I think, remembering what Ben told me once. War makes Monsters of Men.”


My Thoughts:
I went into this book knowing things for the characters were just going to get worse and worse. And they did. This is the last book in this series so I can't say much that wont ruin the first two for you, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. The ending almost crushed me for good, but it was perfect. And I just love Wilf. He is my favorite. This book was a great ending to this series. I would recommend it to everyone. I don't think it gets enough credit. It truly is fantastic.

1 comment:

  1. I have the first book to this series and I've heard amazing things about it. I might need to start this series soon! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

Want to make my day? Then leave a comment. I love meeting new people! Feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will check it out as soon as I can.